2022-23 Fall-Winter Registration
Ages 5-7 (Girls and Boys)
Our Program for Ages 5-7yr old boys and girls is a Jr. NBA National lead program, and that will run between Middle September to Christmas. We will have a second season in Jan through to March. Sessions will be on Sunday Nights for 1hr. There will be one group that likely practices on Thursdays or Fridays for those who can not make Sunday Nights. Players will get a reversible Jr NBA Jersey and will receive a basketball at the end of the program.
We cap this program at 80 Kids before we start a waitlist. Please do not wait to register. We operate this program in association with Basketball Canada
$175.00 per player for the season.
League Play Teams (1-2 Practices / Week, with games a game on the weekend):
- Our program for kids 7-8 yrs in age up to 18 yrs of age practices once to twice a week along with a league game
- Our teams play in the www.mbans.ca league, and we play teams from all other areas of the HRM and surrounding
- Our Fees include standard practice times, www.mbans.ca league play and playoffs, includes the rental of a Reversible Jersey and Shorts set (to be returned at season end), registration and insurance with Basketball Nova Scotia and Basketball Canada
- Our coaches are a mix of non-parent and parent community volunteers
- We have teams for all players and all skill sets - from Division 1 through to Recreation and Development Teams in Division 6 and 7. We have a home for everyone.
- We run placements at our club and have a team for anyone we allow to register with our club. Our higher division teams (1,2&3) may have higher demands on players and parents for additional practice time, training and schedule.
- All of our Teams for 2022-23 will have access to the RAMP Teams app to help you manage your child's practice and game schedule, and allow you to communicate with other parents on the team.
- The Rockets will practice in gyms in Cole Harbour, East Dartmouth, Eastern Passage, and East Preston and welcome members from all over (there are no jurisdictions in Minor Basketball based on your place of residence).
- Not included in our registration fees are club merchandise, additional tournaments, or Basketball Nova Scotia Provincial Tournament Fees. Some teams may choose to enter into several tournaments and some may not.
- Our club will periodically run fundraising programs such as Online 50/50 draws to help fund equipment and additional gym times for teams. Your team may do additional fundraising activities to raise funds for tournaments, team outings, and exhibition games.
- Unfortunately - until placements are complete and we align players with coaches - we can not tell you what evenings and at what gym you will practice at. As soon as we know we will pass that information to you. If you are a muli-winter sports family- be sure to let the division coordinator and coaches know when placement schedules start to get circulated.
- Any questions about registration - please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com via email and we will do our best to help.
2021/2022 Fall Basketball Season
U10/Junior Mini - 9 years or under on Jan 1, 2023 ($355/Season)
U12/Mini - 11 years or under on Jan 1, 2023 ($355/Season)
U14/Bantam - 13 years or under on Jan 1, 2023 ($355/Season)
U16/Midget - 15 years or under on Jan 1, 2023 ($355/Season)
U18/Juvenile - 17 years or under on Jan 1, 2023 ($355/Season)
There is a risk that a resurgence of Covid-19 in our communities causes schedule changes. We can only plan for what we know, and we are committed to keeping communication high to our members. If something negative does occur, we will do our best to assure the athletes get the most out of this season as possible.
Please remember - If you are Leveraging the great programs like KidsSport or JumpStart for funding, please complete that application first, gather your application number and email our Treasurer the details so we can track and allocate your application from our end when it gets approved. If there is a delta in the funding grant and our program fees you will need to make arrangements with our Treasurer@chmbarockets.com for payment to secure your spot during the application period.
Please register right away to reserve your spot. Some groups may get started outdoors in September (or earlier) for fun and to get a jump on the season, so please be sure to watch your emails and check spam/junk mail for any emails from our registration system.
We are excited to see everyone on the court!